If you’re searching for Xiaomi phones with the best camera you’ve come to the right place.
These days smartphones are equipped with high resolution lenses allowing you to capture detailed images or record a video blog straight from your phone. Xiaomi has incorporated some of the best camera lenses and image processors into their flagship devices, minimizing the need for an actual digital camera.
These smartphones are capable of clicking pictures and recording videos with nearly the same level of clarity you would get from a DSLR. But, choosing a Xiaomi phone with best camera can be a daunting task.
But, which is the Xiaomi phone with best camera?
Based on tests conducted and user reviews, the best camera running on a Xiaomi device happens to be the massive 108MP lens on the Redmi Note 10 Pro. This quad camera setup delivers extremely high resolution images and the clearest videos you’ve ever seen captured on a Xiaomi smartphone. It shoots in 4K at 30fps, processes clear and detailed images in night mode and is equipped with the Samsung HM2 image sensor.
To help you make an informed decision, we have personally reviewed over 20 different Xiaomi phones and have found the following 5 devices to have some pretty impressive camera setups.
Let’s take a look
Xiaomi Phone with Best Camera
Xiaomi Mi 12 Pro
Camera Hardware: The Mi 12 Pro is equipped with a remarkable camera setup, offering the following lenses:
- 108 MP primary camera: Sporting a large sensor, this camera captures stunningly detailed images. It excels in reproducing accurate colors, preserving dynamic range, and providing ample room for cropping without sacrificing sharpness.
- 48 MP ultra-wide-angle camera: With an expansive field of view, this lens enables users to capture breathtaking landscapes and group photos with exceptional clarity and minimal distortion.
- 12 MP telephoto camera: The telephoto lens offers optical zoom capabilities, allowing users to get closer to their subjects without compromising image quality.
- Image Quality: The Mi 12 Pro’s camera system consistently delivers outstanding image quality, thanks to the following factors:
- Improved low-light performance: The larger sensor size and advanced image processing algorithms optimize light capture in challenging lighting conditions, resulting in reduced noise and impressive low-light performance.
- Enhanced dynamic range: The camera intelligently balances highlights and shadows, ensuring that details are preserved even in high-contrast scenes.
- Accurate color reproduction: Xiaomi’s color calibration algorithms provide natural and vibrant colors, staying true to the scene being captured.
- Software and AI Enhancements: The Mi 12 Pro leverages advanced software and AI technologies to further enhance its camera capabilities:
- AI scene detection: The camera intelligently identifies different scenes and optimizes settings accordingly, ensuring optimal exposure, contrast, and color reproduction for each scenario.
- Night mode: The Mi 12 Pro’s night mode enhances low-light photography by capturing multiple exposures and merging them to create well-exposed and noise-free images. It excels in preserving details and minimizing noise in dark environments.
- AI-based image processing: Xiaomi’s sophisticated AI algorithms analyze and enhance images in real-time, resulting in sharper details, improved clarity, and balanced contrast.
- Video Recording: The Mi 12 Pro is an excellent device for capturing high-quality videos:
- 8K video recording: Users can record videos in stunning 8K resolution, delivering exceptional clarity and detail.
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS): OIS minimizes camera shake, ensuring smooth and stable videos even when shooting handheld or in motion.
- Pro video mode: This feature allows users to have more manual control over video settings, including exposure, white balance, and focus, enabling them to unleash their creativity.
- Additional Features: The Mi 12 Pro offers several additional features that elevate the camera experience:
- Super Macro mode: This mode enables users to capture intricate details from a close range, revealing the beauty in the smallest subjects.
- Portrait mode: The Mi 12 Pro’s portrait mode leverages advanced depth-sensing technology to produce professional-looking portraits with a pleasing bokeh effect.
- ProRAW support: For photography enthusiasts who prefer post-processing, the Mi 12 Pro offers ProRAW support, allowing for more flexibility and control over editing.
Redmi Note 10 Pro
The Note 10 Pro has one of the best camera setups around. It uses a primary 108MP main camera alongside an 8MP ultra wide lens, a 5MP tele macro lens and a 2MP depth sensor to create some wonderful looking masterpieces. The main lens delivers pictures in high resolution and does a great job of capturing clear and detailed images even under low light conditions.
This Xiaomi device comes fully loaded with a plethora of shooting modes such as pixel-binding, video, portrait, clone, long exposure, light painting, starry sky, star trails and more. The solid camera hardware on the Note 10 Pro lets you unleash your inner creativity and once you get your hands on this baby, you will spend all your time simply shooting photos and taking videos of everything around you because it’s that fascinating.
- Primary camera – 108MP 1/1.52” dual pixel PDAF
- Ultra wide – 8MP 1/4-inch sensor
- Tele-macro lens – 5MP AF
- Depth sensor – 2MP f/2.5
- Selfie camera – 16MP 1/3.06-inch sensor
Xiaomi 11 Ultra
The Xiaomi 11 Ultra is an uber cool smartphone with one of the best rated cameras out there. It’s a 50MP marvel that can record 8K footage at 24 frames per second and 4K at 60 frames. The 11 Ultra comes with a dual-pixel system built onto the sensor that permits clear and detailed night photographs and it also comes with a color temperature sensor that can optimize color rendering and the white balance of your shots.
During the day, your photos are filled with colors and have minimal noise and sharpening which is good, though we would love to see this level of detail in night mode shots. The 11 Ultra comes with 3 zoom modes; Digital, Hybrid and Optical, however the quality of the photos at maximum digital zoom are not great and Xiaomi could have done better.
- Primary camera – 50MP 1/1.12” Quad-Bayer sensor
- Ultra wide – 48MP ½-inch sensor
- Telephoto lens – 48MP ½-inch sensor
- Selfie camera – 20MP 1/3.4-inch sensor
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The Poco X3 Pro is a great choice for avid photographers and others who are looking for a device that takes really good day time photos. It comes equipped with two primary 48MP lenses and two 2MP lenses at the back which deliver images with improved aperture. The Sony IMX 582 sensor helps greatly improve the quality of your photos and videos.
You can record 4K videos at 30 frames per second from the rear setup and 1080 at 30 frames from the 20MP front facing selfie camera. The X3 Pro does not come with image stabilization which is sad, however, it does a decent job of producing some pretty clear and blur free images. While the Xiaomi X3 Pro does an impressive job in the day, the night mode is not great and would produce images and videos with reduced clarity and sharpness.
- Primary camera – 48MP 1 / 2.0” Sony IMX 582 sensor
- Ultra wide – 48MP 119-degree sensor
- Macro lens – 2MP f/2.4
- Depth lens – 2MP f/2.4
- Selfie camera – 20MP 1/3.4-inch sensor
Xiaomi Mi 11
The Mi 11 features a triple rear camera set up that includes a massive 108MP primary lens which supports optical image stabilization and PDAF focus. The secondary cameras at the back include a 13MP ultra wide lens and a 5MP macro lens which do a reasonably good job in low lit environments. While using the Mi 11, you will notice that the quality of the photos and videos taken during the day are free from background noise, have the right levels of saturation and detail. It comes equipped with both optical and digital zoom which you can enable depending on the camera mode you select.
The night mode on the Mi 11 is probably one of the best we’ve seen till date. Night mode will automatically switch on regardless of the lens you use and if you happen to use the primary 108MP lens for night photographs, then you will not be disappointed. The lens here is equipped with a large and powerful sensor that captures enough surrounding light, thus making your night photos look clear and detailed with the right levels of brightness.
You can also record videos in 8K at 30fps or 4K at 60fps which is fabulous and as a plus point, Xiaomi has added updated video modes, movie effects and even a magic zoom to make your whole experience a little more interesting.
- Primary camera – 108MP 1 / 1.33” PDAF, OIS
- Ultra wide – 13MP 1 / 3.06 sensor
- Macro lens – 5MP 1 / 5.0 sensor
- Selfie camera – 20MP 1/3.4-inch sensor
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
The Poco X3 NFC is a budget friendly Xiaomi smartphone with an amazing 64MP camera setup. The quad array includes a 13MP ultra wide lens and two 2MP lenses; one for macro shots and one for depth focus. You also get dual LED flash which helps enhance night shots and HDR processing capabilities for detailed and dynamic images..
The front facing selfie camera is a single 20MP wide lens that supports HDR and can record in 1080p at 30 frames. It’s a great contender and we found that the 20MP selfie camera does a better job of capturing detailed images than other devices in the same price range. With the primary camera, you are able to shoot 4K videos at 30 frames and 1080 HD videos at 60 frames per second. Considering this is a budget friendly smartphone, it does not come with OIS, but rather uses an electronic image stabilization technique to shoot blur-free and stable videos.
Can I use my Xiaomi smartphone to shoot professional photographs and videos?
Yes, Xiaomi smartphones like the Note 10 Pro, Mi 11 Ultra and the Mi 11 are perfect to use if you’re into professional photography. They have powerful sensors and large megapixel lenses that deliver high quality, detailed and realistic looking photographs and videos.
Which is better, Mi 11 Ultra or Redmi Note 10 Pro?
Both devices are meant for different purposes and while the Mi 11 Ultra comes equipped with a 50MP rear triple camera set up, the Note 10 Pro uses a 108MP quad camera set up. The Note 10 Pro also has additional features such as multiple shoot modes and works wonderfully in low lit environments, something the Mi 11 Ultra fails to do.
Which Xiaomi phone has the best camera?
The Note 10 Pro currently has the best camera around with a 108MP quad array and a 16MP front facing camera. The second runner up is without doubt the Xiaomi Mi 11. This device uses a 108MP triple camera set up and comes equipped with both OIS and DIS.