Best Roomba Competitor?
Store Name: iLIFE
Store Description: I would say iLIFE is a great contender. They make amazing robot vacuums with mops!
Price range: $10 - $30
- Mop and Vacuum
- Battery Life
- Cleaning quality
The world has moved onto automation. You don’t need to spend money on things that can be easily automated. One of the things that people truly hate doing is cleaning up. I personally hate it and I find it to be a boring task. Don’t get me wrong, I want my house clean, but I don’t want to end up spending time every day to clean basic dust. This is where robot vacuum cleaners come in. Popularized by the most popular robotic vacuum company, Roomba, this gadget is sure to become a household product in the years to come. If you are looking for the best Roomba alternatives, then we have a collection of the best robot vacuum cleaners worth your money!
If you are looking for the best budget robot vacuum cleaner, then you are in the right place.
Budget Vacuum Cleaners 2020
If you are able to clean pet hair, you will be able to clean almost anything and that is our hope with this list!
|Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners 2020||Brand|
|Best Robot Vacuum Under $200||iLife V7s|
|Best Robot Vacuum Under $300||iLife V8s|
|Best Robot Vacuum Under $400||Roborock S50|
|Best Budget Robot Vacuum 2020||Warmtoo Suction|
|Best Robot Mop||Auto Robot Mopping Cleaner|
|Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair||Midea Vacuum Cleaner|
|Thinnest Robot Vacuum Cleaner||LIECtroux|
|Best Robot Vacuum for Hardwood Floors||Eufy Robovac 30C|
|Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair||iRoomba E5|
|Best Roomba for Carpet||Eufy Anker Robovac 11s|
|Best Robot Vacuum and Mop||Roborock S5|
|Best Robot Vacuum for Small Apartment||Shark iON R76|
|Best Robot Vacuum for Large House||iRobot Roomba i7|
Best budget robot vacuum for hardwood floors – Eufy Robovac 30C
Best budget robot vacuum for pet hair – iRobot Roomba E5
Best budget robot vacuum for carpet – Eufy Anker Robovac 11S
Best budget robot vacuum and mop – Roborock S5
Best budget robot vacuum for small apartment – Shark iON R76
Best budget robot vacuum for large house – iRobot Roomba i7
Best cheap Robot Vacuum
#1 – iLife V7s
One of the biggest names in the Robot Vacuum cleaning business is iLife. They make super awesome, budget friendly robot vacuum cleaners. The V7s comes in a beautiful Rose Gold finish that is super budget friendly and has a host of features that we will get into. In terms of its features.
- It cleans dirt and wipes away stains too
- It works pretty well on light and thin carpets too
- It has a 3 step process that involves vacuuming any dust that is the first cleaning. The second step, it uses a wet microfiber cloth to remove stains. It can also vacuum and mop at the same time, saving a lot of money in the process
- It has multiple cleaning modes – Edge cleaning mode, spot cleaning mode and auto cleaning mode
- It has anti-collision and anti-fall technology that protects the device and gives it durability
- When the battery is low, it can automatically go to the charging dock and self charge
- It can work for 120 to 140 minutes and you can schedule it to work a specific time as well
#2 – iLife V8s
The next in the list is the iLife V8s. This is a premium version and more superior than the V7s. In a word, this product is a beast. What makes the iLife V8s superior and different is, it has an intelligent cleaning system that requires no input from the user. It maps the entire house and creates a systematic plan to clean the house. It is a dry and wet cleaner with the following features
- It has road rover wheels that can go through any terrain. Hardwood flooring or carpets or even rough floors. This is a super sturdy device.
- It has a certain aesthetic quality. The design is amazing and there is LCD display on top that informs you about the settings and there are buttons which let you access the device easily
- The curvilinear design bypasses all obstacles and narrow passages and cleans the floor with ease
- It has a 750ml dustbin capacity that collects a lot of dust, before you can replace it
- The anti-tangle nozzle stops hair and other debris from getting lodged on the nozzle
- The iDropping technology knows the perfect amount of water to dispense when wet mopping the floor
#3 – Lima Bean Window Cleaning Robot
We have seen flooring cleaning, robot vacuum cleaners, but is there something for windows? There sure is! The Lima Bean Window Cleaning Robot is one of a kind. If you have large french windows at your home or if you own a big house with a lot of windows and if you want to keep them clean on a daily basis, there is only one way to clean them without paying a bomb for a cleaning service – You use the Lima Bean window cleaning robot!
This is a suction enabled smart robot vacuum cleaner that you can place on a glass window and it will clean the window depending on what you want to be cleaned. You can use the app to guide the robot vacuum cleaner in various directions.
It’s a budget device and you can clean windows for 20 minutes straight. It also works on the floor, if you wish to use it that way.
#4 – LIECtroux
Another premium robot vacuum cleaner that you can get for a budget price is the Liectroux C30B vacuum cleaner. It comes in a single colour – black. It has very many features, some of which are listed below.
- It maps your entire house and smartly plans the cleaning process. You can actually visualize the cleaning process through the app
- You can control the device through the app
- It has multiple cleaning modes and you can set it based on the design of your house
- You can control the power of the suction, depending on what you are cleaning
- You can schedule the cleaning of your house depending on the situation
- The cleaning modes are – Zigzag cleaning mode, border cleaning mode, fixed point cleaning mode
- It has a 350 ml capacity
- It has anti-fall, anti-collision, auto recharging feature
#5 – Roborock S50
One of the biggest competitors to Roomba and one of the premium robot vacuum cleaning companies is Roborock S50. Roborock S50 is one of the best robot vacuum cleaners in the world. If you want the best and the most powerful, then there is no device that can beat the Roborock S50.
- The Roborock S50 is enabled with a 5500 mAh battery with 2000 pa suction
- It can sweep and mop as well
- It is enabled with a Laser Distance Sensor (LDS) that maps your entire home, room to room and displays the layout of your home on a map.
- You can use the mobile app to choose the area that you want cleaned. If you are in the drawing room and want the guest room cleaned, that’s possible too!
- The 2000 pa can even suck steel balls
- You can control the speed of the fan
- It also can climb obstacles that are higher than 2cms
- Anti-fall, collision advance are some of the features
- It comes in a premium black finish, that looks fantastic!
#6 – Warmtoo Suction Vacuum Cleaner
If you are looking for a super budget cleaning device, then look no further than Warmtoo. Warmtoo is a small smart cleaning robot that has 3 in 1 smart feature. It has two 8-blades brush, a universal wheel, air outlet, and mopping cloth for wet cleaning.
#7 – Midea Vacuum Cleaner
One of the best price-to-feature robot vacuum cleaners is the Midea Vacuum cleaner. The Midea Vacuum cleaner is one of the cheapest cleaners available considering its price. It has all the features of a top cleaner like Roborock, but only with lesser power etc. So here are Midea’s top features
- It has the M-SLAM feature that uses an intelligent planning path that cleans every area
- It has a remote control, timing boot and has an automatic charging feature
- It has a 1000PA, brushless motor. It takes less than 70 decibels
- The dust box capacity is about 400 ML and it has a double-filtered system
- The 2000 mAh battery can easily clean 100 square metres on a single charge
- It’s pretty slim, with only 85mm in width. It can easily clean narrow spaces too
- It has 4 cleaning modes
#8 – Molisu Robot Vacuum Cleaner
If you don’t want the big brand names such as iLife and Roborock. You can consider the Molisu Robot Vacuum Cleaner that is more budget-friendly and has some enviable features.
- It has 2D map navigation and a brushless motor
- It can partition the house and treat each area independently
- You can schedule cleaning through the app
- It has zigzag cleaning technology that is pretty impressive
Best Roomba Alternatives
Some of the best robot vacuums out there, don’t do just one job. They also mop the floor and clean it up. This, in my opinion, is true automation as you don’t need to mop the floor after your robot has dusted the floor. There is no point in paying $300+ for a device that can’t mop. That is why our list above has the best robot vacuum cleaners with mops!
Are robot vacuums worth it?
Robot vacuums are an investment. No doubt about it. If you are going to shell out more than $200, then it’s an investment. So are robot vacuums good? Do robot vacuums clean well?
If these are the questions you have. These are our 2 cents.
Robot vacuums are perfect for people who don’t have the time to clean their homes. There are two aspects to cleaning a house. The first step is to remove the dust from the floor and the second is to mop the floor.
Let’s talk about dust removing Robot vacuums.
A good robot vacuum has enough charge to clean out the dust from your entire house. It can reach places that you normally can’t reach and it can clean out dust from carpets, under the bed, under the couch and other small gaps and crevices.
They also go through the length and breadth of the house by mapping your house. They are methodical and the suction power is able to gather the dust.
Do they save time? Hell of a lot of time. The only time you need to touch your robot vacuum is when you have to clear out the dust and debris.
So when you are running errands or you’re out of the house, a Robot vacuum will do the job of cleaning the house and this is what makes a robot vacuum absolutely worth it!
How to pick the right robot vacuum?
There are a few factors to picking the right robot vacuum.
What is the budget you are looking for? There are robot vacuums which retail for $500 or there are ones that retail for $500. So it depends on your budget.
There are robot vacuums which can clean carpets. The premium robot vacuums automatically knows where to go. Some have extra gadgets to clear out the dust from the sides and corners of your house by using a scooper.
- Battery Life
A few of them can last about 4 hours, there are smaller ones that can clean continuously only for one hour. Pick one that depends on the size of your house. Bigger the house, the bigger the battery life that is required.
- The AI
How smart do you want your robot vacuum mop to be? Some need to be manually picked up and placed and they will go in a vertical pattern. Some can map the entire house and know when to clean which part of your house. Some robot vacuums can also go to the charging station automatically and put itself to charge when the battery is low, all automatically!
How much are you willing to pay for AI features?
- Charging Time
Charging times are a big factor. Because some robot vacuums take a long time to charge. Mostly overnight. Which shouldn’t be a big problem. But if you have constant cleaning requirements, then you need to choose one that
Bigger the dust collection capacity, bigger the price.
What can robot vacuums clean?
Robot vacuums can clean dust, hair, mud, and other small debris.
How do Robot Vacuum Cleaners work?
It’s very simple as to how Robot Vacuums work. They have blades on either side of the vacuum that push the debris towards the center part of the cleaner and this is where the suction comes in place. When robot vacuums also go through any dust, the suction automatically picks up any fine dust like hair.
Robot Vacuum Cleaners vs Upright Vacuum Cleaners – Who wins?
Nothing can beat human intervention. An upright vacuum cleaner with a long nozzle can reach specific parts that can’t be reached a robot vacuum. For example, cleaning a couch is not possible with a robot vacuum.
In terms of cleaning, an upright vacuum cleaner has a massive advantage as a human can sport dirty spots that a robot vacuum cannot.
But using an upright vacuum takes time and physical energy. If you don’t have time and energy, then a robot vacuum wins by a far margin!
Robot Mop vs Robot Vacuum Cleaner
A robot mop cleans your home or your space with water. A robot vacuum cleaner on the other hand clears out the dry debris. This is the biggest difference.
Are Robot Vacuums Safe for Cats?
Robot vacuums are absolutely safe for pets. They aren’t any sharp objects on a robot vacuum and most cats run away from a Roomba and get to a safe space. Even if a robot vacuum accidentally hits a cat, there’s not a problem, because there aren’t any sharp objects that can hurt your cat!
What is the best inexpensive robot vacuum?
The iLife brand of Robot Vacuums have a series of amazing robot vacuums that are priced really well and are packed with features. There are different variations, you can pick the one that suits you best!
Are cheap robot vacuums worth it?
They are worth it, if you don’t expect too much from them. A decently priced Robot vacuum can do basic stuff like collecting some debris like dust and their working time isn’t much and they might not have a mapping function, which means, you need to manually pick them up and drop them in zones. Is it worth it?
Anything that can save 30 minutes of your time a day for years to come is worth it. If you are looking for a full fledged cleaning system, then go for a bit more expensive options that are robot vacuums and mops put together.
Also Read :