I’ve lost keys about 4 times in my life and every time has been a nightmare.
Since I’ve been a kid, I’ve wanted locks that didn’t require keys to open them. My prayers have been answered about 20 years later. It’s taken a while for these smart locks to make an entrance, but they are gaining in prominence these days!
Keyless door locks come in a variety of types and today we are going to cover the Best Keyless Door locks!
They are also called smart door locks. Keyless door locks became super popular when Airbnb listings started cropping up worldwide. The owners needed a way to let the tenant open the door without having an actual key.
So if you are looking for the best smart lock for Airbnb apartments, then check out the list below!
Best Smart Locks from China 2021
#1 — Golden Security – Keyless USB Rechargeable Door Lock
One of the most popular and considered the best keyless door lock is the one from Golden Security. It’s made of zinc alloy that makes it super strong and it has a fingerprint sensor in the middle that you can use to unlock. Here are its salient points
- You can store up to 10 fingerprints. This means the whole family and a few friends can have access to the house
- It takes than lesser than a second to unlock
- It works for a year on a single charge
- There is a low battery reminder that reminds you with an alarm when the battery is low
- You can charge it with a USB charger
- Clear instructions on adding a fingerprint and deleting a fingerprint
- Affordable and time saving
#2 — Mini Bluetooth Dual Keyless Lock – Unlock with Fingerprint and Unlock with App
One of my personal favourites is the IP65 rated Mini Bluetooth lock. It’s keyless, waterproof and has a host of features! Here they are.
- It can store up to 15 fingerprints which more than considerable even for a big family
- It can unlock within one second
- It can be used for doors as well as movable objects like bags and suitcases
- It can be unlocked through a fingerprint or the mobile app
- The app has a history of all the door unlocks
- You can use the app to authorize an unlock
- The battery life can last about a year
- It has a low power notification when the battery is low
- Can be recharged using USB
This is the best solution when it comes to keyless door locks because you can let inside a friend who doesn’t have access to your home, even without a key.
#3 – Sherlock Smart Doorlock
The Sherlock Smart Doorlock is a super popular keyless door lock. But it still needs to be carried. To operate the Sherlock Smart Doorlock, you need to be close to the door and press the button.
You will still need to carry around an object. But it’s far better than keys, as these can be easily stored in your wallet.
#4 — Raykube Electronic Door Lock – Smart Lock for Airbnb
The Raykube Electronic Door lock is one of the most versatile smart door locks available in the market. There are four ways to unlock, let’s check out the complete features
- You can unlock the door using fingerprints, a smart card, a number passwords or an actual key
- This keyless door lock needs to be setup and connected to your door. This will require some set-up
- It has a voice speaker through which people outside can communicate with you.
- You can give access to up to 50 people with the smart card.
- Reverse locking switch ensures that the door cannot be unlocked from the outside even if given access if the master lock is on
- You can lock and unlock the device for up to 20 times a day and you will get a battery life of about 10 months
- Simple reset button to delete all the users
Perfect solution for people who want a keyless door lock. The best part is each person of the house can use their own technique to open the door the way they want!
#6 — Z1 USB rechargeable Smart Lock
One of the simplest and best smart locks is the Z1 USB rechargeable smart lock. It’s simple to use and it works flawlessly. Here are the features
- It can work on doors, bicycles, cabinets, backpacks and more
- It can store up to 10 fingerprints
- It has a 300 mAh rechargeable battery that will easily last for a year
- There is a red notification light that prompts you when the battery is low
- Made of aluminium alloy and has a stainless steel lock for extra protection
#7 – RFID Based Locks
If you aren’t familiar with RFID, then a simple example is Credit Cards. That strip in the card enables seamless transaction. Similar to that keyless doorlocks in hotels use the concept of RFID to open the doors.
In a similar manner, it’s very easy for you to set-up a RFID system in your own home. It’s pretty easy to setup and don’t require a key, you just need a card to access the RFID enabled lock.
#8 — Catchface Cylinder Lock
If you haven’t heard of the cylinder lock, then you’ve not heard about one of the coolest locks going around. The cylinder lock is shaped like a cylinder / door knob, but it has smart features enabled.
This lock comes enabled with various locking and unlocking options such as Password, IC Card, Keys and an App. It’s compatible with the Tlock app.
The cylinder’s height can be adjusted by 20mm. It can register the time of unlock and can also send temporary passcode access remotely. It’s perfect for Airbnb home owners.
Related Articles : Best Wifi Doorbell Cameras in 2021 – Rated and Reviewed!
What are smart door locks? How do they work?
Smart door locks or Keyless door locks are a hassle free way to lock your belongings or even your home. Talking specifically about smart door locks.
You don’t need a physical key to open your door. You just need your fingerprint or in some cases if you have a numbered smart door lock then you’ll just need a password which is a 6 or 8 digit number.
The advantage of smart door locks is you don’t have to carry physical keys and the entire household can register their fingerprints with ease.
The battery life on average among keyless door locks is about a year. Which means you won’t have the trouble of charging your smart lock every once in a while.
Are they the future? Absolutely!
Can smart locks be hacked?
Keyless door locks that are connected to your Wifi can be hacked because it’s through an internet connection. BUT, if you get a fingerprint based keyless door lock then you will be safe as it can’t be hacked through the internet.
The only way to open it is trying to break open the lock.
What are the different types of smart locks?
There are numerous types of keyless door locks depending on your situation. Here are the best ones.
#1 Fingerprint Door Locks
Fingerprint locks are getting super popular these days because of their ease of use. Most fingerprint locks can store a minimum of 10 fingerprints and need to be charged only once a year. A great fit for hassle free unlocking!
#2 Password Protected Numbered Locks
This is a perfect lock for Airbnb rentals. If you will be letting in a lot of people into your property without having to meet them personally, you can just create a numbered password lock and then give that password to your tenants. You can also change the password as per your wish.
#3 App Access Locks
There are a few locks that can open a mobile app. Pretty nifty if you have a Wifi doorbell as well. It’s perfect for letting in friends and family.
#4 Access Key Locks
There are locks that can be opened with an access card. This is similar to hotels. You can revoke access as per your wish and you can make multiple access cards too if you choose. Easier to store as well as they can be placed along with your credit or debit cards. Even if you lose them, a new card with a new access can be created!
#5 All in one locks
One of my personal favourites. There are locks that can be accessed with a numbered password or a key or an access card or a fingerprint scanner. Perfect choice for people who prefer certain types of locks. One of my favourites!
Also Read :