If you’re looking for the best Chinese Android head unit, then this article is for you. I have come across thousands of Android Car head units in the market, but very few are as good as the ones made in China.
They are cheap, run on Android OS, thus providing you with access to hundreds of options to choose from such as playing tunes, streaming music off apps like Spotify and Pandora, getting directions via the built-in GPS and the best part is that these Chinese Android head units are all touchscreen displays, so they are considered upgrades from your traditional head units.
But which is the best Chinese Android head unit to buy?
Based on the tests we conducted and the reviews from other car enthusiasts, it’s safe to say that the best Chinese Android head unit has to be the Atoto S8 Double Din Android Car Navigation Unit. It’s the latest Chinese Android head unit from Atoto and it comes with a full HD 7” touch display along with physical buttons along the side and base of the screen. It also supports USB, Micro SD cards, has a built-in screen lock and comes with Google Play Store so you can access any app you desire.
Though this head unit is an amazing one, there are others you can consider buying as well. Chinese brands such as Eonon, Xtrons and Hikity have some pretty impressive Android head units you can find on a budget.
So let’s get into it and find out which are the top rated best Chinese Android head units to buy this year.
- Atoto S8 Chinese Head Unit
- Atoto A6 Double Din Head Unit
- Kapud DSP 7” Android Head Unit
- Rimoody Double Din Android Unit
- Eonon 2022 Android 10 Head Unit
- Ankeway Double Din 7” Android Head Unit
- Hikity 10.1” Android Head Unit
How did I test the best Chinese Android head units?
It’s rather confusing choosing the right Chinese Android head unit because there are so many out there. So I decided to conduct a series of tests on a bunch of different Android head units in order to find the best of the lot.
First I tested the head units for their ability to pair with multiple devices and if the coverage and range was good especially when handling calls and using the networking hotspot. I even checked to see whether they offered additional input modes such as USB, AUX and even Bluetooth.
Then I tested them for their ease of use and whether they were complicated to set up. Most of the head units mentioned on this list have a straightforward installation and setup process, so they’re easy to use.
Finally I took the power output into consideration and tested their capabilities by playing different genres of music at different volume levels to see if they can actually amplify the music and power a large system and to see if the equalizer works.
Based on my findings, I have rated the following 7 Chinese Android head units on a scale of 1-5. Check them out!
Which are the top Chinese Android head unit brands?
China is home to hundreds of different manufacturers and brands, but not all of them are reliable and offer good quality products.
Now i’ve managed to get in touch with a bunch of sellers and have bought from a few of them so i kind of know which brands are reliable and worth the money.
Some manufacturers i recommend checking out are the following:
- Atoto – Atoto is a famous brand that specializes in auto electronics and OEM head units for cars. They’ve been in the industry for over 8 years and have some of the best Android head units that money can buy. Moreover all their products are CE certified so they are entirely safe to use no matter where you are. On average head units of theirs cost between $100 – $190 but there are some double din units of theirs that can go up to $599 like the S9 Ultra Plus.
- Kapud – Kapud has their official store on AliExpress and is one of the best car entertainment manufacturers of 2023. They have only been in business for 4 years but have over 5K followers on AliExpress and have a 93.9% store rating. Android units here are built for particular cars and there’s hardly one or two that are universal and can fit any model. But each head unit of theirs doesn’t cost more than $200 and that’s a steal considering the features and capabilities of some of these systems.
- Hikity – Hikity is another vendor for budget friendly Android car head units and auto electronics. Hikity has been open for over 5 years and they have been selling high quality auto electronics including head units and dash cams from their official AliExpress store. With a positive store rating of 95% and over 10k followers on the platform, Hikity is quite popular among car enthusiasts on a budget and you can get single and double din head units for as low as $100.
- Podofo – Podofo is leading the race with over 8 years of experience in the car entertainment system market. They are highly sought after and are considered to be one of the most affordable Chinese head unit manufacturers around. Their products are made from some of the best quality materials and most of their head units come with free shipping. Podofo has an extensive catalog of different head units to choose from and they are all segregated based on region and model of the car.
- Awesafe – If it’s under $100 Chinese Android head units that appeal to you then Awesafe has everything you need and more. This brand has their official store on AliExpress and has been serving car enthusiasts for a little over 6 years. Their products are categorized based on the region the car is from and here you can find head units that range from 7 inches all the way to 12 inches fr under $100. One good thing about Awesafe is that all their products come with 1-year warranty and they offer 24/7 customer support no matter where you are based.
Best Chinese Android Head Units
Atoto S8 Chinese Head Unit
One of the most impressive Android head units to come out of China is the Atoto S8. This bad boy is equipped with a reasonably large 7” display and comes with physical buttons along the side and beneath the display in case you’re someone who still prefers the analog feel when operating devices.
This is one of the few Chinese Android head units I’ve tested which has a SCVC (speed compensated volume control) system that automatically adjusts the volume depending on how fast you’re traveling and whether there is wind noise in the background.
You get double Bluetooth allowing you to connect multiple devices simultaneously and the S8 is compatible with rear view cameras and has a built-in voice control system allowing you to wake up your smartphone using either Siri or Google Assistant.
Style – Double Din
- This head unit is compatible with Android smartphones and iOS devices as well
- It’s a universal-fit head unit that fits most cars
- Console is easy to install and use
- Have to purchase the adapters separately
Rating – 5/5
Atoto A6 Pro Double Din Head Unit
The Atoto A6 Pro is a great buy as it offers everything you could possibly want in an Android head unit. There’s a built-in radio tuner, navigation system, dash cam input and though it’s quite like the predecessor, the A6, the A6 Pro lets you cast your smartphone directly onto the head units display.
I quite liked the fact that the A6 Pro has Google Maps built into it and that it comes with specially designed microphones and an external Wi-Fi antenna that you can use to connect to the internet and take VoIP calls.
You can also make use of the double Bluetooth chips and connect to multiple devices at the same time or to use Bluetooth tethering for quick internet access. I found the A6 Pro to be much cheaper than the S8 and the only thing lacking in the A6 Pro is the SCVC which is still fine considering you get the rest of the features at a bargain.
Style – Double Din
- Clear and sensitive built-in microphone
- The buttons on the sides make it easier to use
- Improves the audio output
- Mid-range pricing
- Easy to install and use
- Touchscreen might be a bit inaccurate
- Adapters have to be bought separately.
Rating – 4.5/5
Kapud DSP 7” Android Head Unit
The Kapud may not be suitable for all types of cars out there but it’s one of the best Chinese touchscreen head units to consider buying if you own a Volkswagen Touareg or a Skoda Octavia. Trust me when I say this, the DSP head unit offers quick access to a wide range of controls and features that you may not find on other Chinese Android head units within this price range.
This DSP head unit uses a high performance sound processor that offers online and offline music playback, access to a robust EQ system and even lets you play Wav and FLAC file formats. Bluetooth 5.0 makes it easier and smoother to pair with and your calls, phonebook and even music files from your paired devices are at easy access to you.
Two of the best things about the Kapud DSP is that it provides 4G connectivity and comes with a built-in USB interface allowing you to connect anything from your iPod to an external hard disk for on-the-go entertainment.
Style – Double Din
- Has a customizable interface and a built-in amplifier
- Comes with optional accessories such as a hd rearview system
- There’s a built-in 4G network
- You can mirror your smartphone
- Affordable and easy to use
- Not compatible with all cars
Rating – 4.5/5
Rimoody Double Din Android Unit
The Rimoody Android head unit is a great device to own if you’re on a budget and are looking for something that’s running on one of the newer versions of Android OS. This touchscreen car head unit comes with a built-in GPS navigation system, 1GB RAM and a 16GB built-in storage space that can be expanded with the help of a micro-SD memory card.
The display is well made and the 8” HD touchscreen lets you view maps and even watch videos in high definition. I even found the navigation and GPS system to be quite accurate and thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, this head unit can easily connect to the internet through hotspotting your smartphone or by using your home Wi-Fi.
Quite like the others reviewed above, the Rimoody provides mirror linking capabilities and comes with a rear view camera input so you can watch what’s behind your car even while you’re in motion. You also get radio services, access to online apps such as YouTube, Spotify, Google Movies and more by simply signing into your Google account.
Style – Double Din
- Affordable and well made
- Comes with a large 8” HD display
- Can mirror your smartphone
- Lets you access up to 18 radio stations
- Slightly slow in terms of performance
Rating – 4/5
Eonon 2022 Android 10 Head Unit
The Eonon 10.1” Car Stereo Android 10 allows the user to easily connect with friends and family through a built-in Bluetooth 4.0, for hands free calls as well as music and data streaming from mobile devices.
This unit has 2GB RAM memory and 16GB of storage space which makes it even more useful as well as faster than most others on the market. Plus, the unnecessary buttons help with quick audio feedback through voice notifications and provides a more comfortable overall driving experience.
The only drawback with this head unit is that the manual does not contain a detailed set of instructions and you will either have to learn how to use it on the go or by searching for online reviews and third-party user manuals. All-in-all, this Chinese Android 10 head unit is a little expensive, but surely, you get your money’s worth once you learn how to use it.
Style – Double Din
- Designed to be a plug and play device
- Runs on Android 10
- Has a built-in amplifier and a powerful sound card
- Comes with an external microphone for clear hands free calling
- The advanced features are not quite self explanatory
Rating – 4.5/5
Ankeway Double Din 7” Android Head Unit
One of the cheapest and most affordable Chinese Android head units is the Ankeway 7” head unit. This particular model is available in 6 variants including different sizes and wireless capabilities. At slightly ove $100, it’s one of the best Chinese Android head units to buy in 2022.
It features a decent 7” screen with voice command compatibility and connects both via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so you can connect multiple devices or stream music off the internet.
Unlike other options, the Ankeway 7” can only be paired with Android smartphones and does not support iOS devices. It delivers impressive processing power and is equipped with 16GB of internal storage so you can listen to your favorite music on the go.
Style – Double Din
- Well designed unit
- Can be paired with your steering wheel controls
- Built-in voice commands
- Budget friendly
- Slightly bulk
- Lacks ideal ventilation
Rating – 4/5
Hikity 10.1” Android Head Unit
The Hikity 10.1 is the most cost effective Chinese Android head unit on sale. This 10.1” HD display comes with multiple storage options so make sure you choose the right variant appropriately.
There’s even a phone mirror link, steering wheel control and access to your front and rear camera. The setup is quite complicated, but this head unit comes with some pretty impressive levels of performance allowing you to take full advantage of what Android has to offer.
The Hikity supports Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities so you can download music or watch movies at your convenience and the built-in DAC is quite responsive and can easily amplify your listening experience.
There’s also a built-in equalizer and a web browser for you to access sites like Facebook, YouTube and more. Considering the price and capabilities, it’s one of the best Chinese Android head units you can find within $100.
Style – Double Din
- Quad core processor, helps boost performance
- Large 10.1” display
- Budget friendly and easy to use once installed
- Comes with multiple storage variants
- Google Play enabled
- Multiple input modes
Rating – 5/5
Which is better, single din or double din?
A single din is smaller and cheaper than a double din and also takes up less space. It’s a very popular option for those who are trying to save money and want to get the best audio available for their vehicle.
A double din is a more advanced option for people who want their audio to be state of the art and want the highest quality possible. Double decks are typically larger, but provide twice the space for buttons and other features.
For those with limited space, a single din is the better option.
What are the benefits of using a Chinese Android head unit in your car?
Chinese Android head units are some of the most versatile devices you can probably find and they do offer a range of benefits, depending on your needs and requirements.
- Owning an Android head unit means that you can easily pair your smartphone, tablet or even your laptop with your head unit and this grants you access to a wide variety of music and audiobooks to listen to in case you plan on taking a trip in your car.
- Chinese Android head units are generally equipped with a built-in DAC and will let you customize your sound preferences. You can toggle between different equalizers, listening modes, effects and more all with the simple tap of a button or two.
- Unlike traditional car head units that come with either only an AUX input anda USB port, Android head units offer a wide variety of connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, AirPlay and more allowing you to easily connect even your iPhone, iPad, iPod and more.
- A great Chinese Android head unit will also be a good conversation starter. It will change the overall appearance of your dashboard and anyone who sits in your car will be fascinated by them.
- Finally, one of the biggest reasons why it’s a good idea to buy a Chinese Android head unit is because it’s easy to use, especially if you’ve used Android smartphones/tablets before and they are quite affordable with the most expensive one we’ve tested being slightly over $400.
How to choose the best Chinese Android Head Unit?
It’s clear that Android head units are great. They are popular because they offer customizable displays and the ability to run third party apps. Choosing the best Chinese Android head unit can be difficult though. With so many models to choose from, it is important to look at the qualities of a good head unit so that you can get the most for your money.
Here are some important features to consider when buying a Chinese Android head unit.
- Display Size and Type – There are so many different options to choose from and the size of the display will directly depend on whether you want a single din or a double din head unit in your car. You can get Android head units in sizes ranging from 7” all the way to 13” and based on the din type, the features and capabilities of your head unit will vary. There are also displays that fold and some can be stored away when not in use.
- Compatibility – When buying an Android head unit, make sure the device is compatible with your car as well as the primary device you own, an Android smartphone. Make sure you check the specifications of the head unit and see whether it’s compatible with the version of Android you’re running on your smartphone. Also if you’re unable to find a head unit to fit your car, there are universal sizes you can try such as a bunch of the ones mentioned above.
- Power Output – Another thing to consider is if it comes with an onboard amplifier and if yes then does it have the power to drive your car system. Things you need to keep an eye out for are the RMS rating and Watts per channel of the head unit and make sure that the head unit can deliver more watts per channel as this will in turn boost your overall audio listening experience.
- Connectivity – Depending on what you want to use the head unit for, there are other compatibility factors to consider such as the available ports and whether the device comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi so you can connect to the internet. Also check if the head unit will be compatible with your cars alarm system and onboard cameras as these can prove beneficial while driving, reversing or parking.
Is it safe to buy Chinese Android head units?
Yes, electronic goods such as accessories for cars are generally made in China and then exported to the rest of the world. Large brands tend to manufacture their products in China as the quality of the materials available here is high and the overall cost to manufacture in China is relatively low. Even products made by Chinese brands such as Atoto and Ankeway use the same high quality raw materials, so you’re getting a good quality product at a reasonable price if you order it directly from China. Also, make sure to choose the right seller by taking a look at their reviews, years of experience and how many transactions have been fulfilled by them.
How do I pair my Android device with a Chinese Android head unit?
Pairing your Android smartphone with a Chinese Android head unit is rather straightforward. Simply press the Bluetooth connect button on the head unit and make sure your smartphone is in Bluetooth pairing mode. Select the head unit from the list of available devices and approve the connection to pair them.
Which Android smartphones are compatible with Chinese Android head units?
Any Android device running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above will be compatible with any Chinese Android head unit available in the market today. It’s best to check if your smartphone is compatible with the head unit before purchasing it and then finding out that it’s not.
Are Chinese head units good?
Chinese head units are amazing pieces of equipment mainly for the superior sound they deliver and their overall build quality. These head units are affordable and come with some pretty impressive features and capabilities allowing you to perform a variety of tasks such as GPS navigation, accessing your email and social media, stream from online music platforms and more.
Which is the best website to buy Chinese Android head units?
Whether you’re looking to buy Android head units wholesale or only a single unit, the best place to source them from is AliExpress followed by Amazon. Both these sites offer a wide variety of Chinese made Android head units for cheap. While Amazon is slightly more expensive than AliExpress, the latter does well in terms of quality, pricing and even shipping/delivery.